CTA Webinar: Renewables - A Loss Adjuster's Perspective
16 July 2020
In many of the world’s developed nations, renewable energy is a relative newcomer to the overall energy mix, but over the last decade, it is becoming a significant contributor. Many are beginning to transition away from a reliance on traditional carbon-based fuels.
Technology-based engineering projects can be deployed on a variety of scales to provide energy solutions, but with some significantly different risk profiles.
When it comes to the placing of insurance for both construction and operational assets, this class of business has rapidly developed into a relatively mature marketplace in London, albeit not without growing pains. This presentation provides an overview of the following topics:
- Technology involved in renewable energy – wind, biofuel, solar
- Key challenges from an insurance perspective and claims considerations
- Case studies - How claims are often treated by Insurers
While the experience of the presenters is principally based on appointments from the London insurance market on both international and domestic markets, we broadly focus on the regional nuances of the Canadian renewables market in order to provide tangible insights for the audience.
- Robert Paxton (Moderator), Vice President Strategy & Performance, Calgary
- Ed Hillier, Associate Director, London
- Neil Armstrong, Adjuster, London
- Wally Matthews, Executive General Adjuster, Calgary
- Christopher Davies, Executive General Adjuster, Toronto